This week we are glad to be under studio lights again. The Japanese Sign Language Bible translation project will record Leviticus 1-16 and Luke 1-6! We are very excited.
For the first time ever, the Japanese Deaf people will have Luke 2 in their own language! Pastor Matsumoto is very happy and asked for an early draft so he could begin planning his Christmas message on the 25th based on Luke 2, a first for him and his church.
However, there are some obstacles.
Please pray for:
- the on-camera signer is having some problems with a swollen eye and reaction to the make up
- Mark and Hori to have the concentration and attention to detail necessary during this week as they check the signing as it is being recorded in the studio
- the makeup artist–every day this week the make up/hair needs to be seamless
- camera/tech/lighting man–the look needs to be seamless all week
- the equipment to hold up
Rejoice with us:
- the team is energized and excited. When these portions are make available later this month the Japanese Deaf will have 26% of God’s Word in their own language!